• Pi Day, March 14, 2021
• Pi (π) Shapes Our Universe
• Let’s start at the very beginning until our universe is filled with spheres
• Sphere: Our most basic building block
• Pi Day 2019 Homepage
• Pi Day 2018 Homepage
• Pi Overview
• Pi working page
- What is it about a circle and sphere that pi is always-always-always true?
- How does a number become a constant, irrational (never-ending, never-repeating) and transcendental all at the same time?
- Let us compare pi to other unique numbers that have a special role among all numbers. These are e, 0, 1, and I. They are all magical, but π stands out. So, let’s ask, “What are the shared qualities of these numbers?” Let’s study them to see if we can find any necessary relations.
- We have the ratio between a circle and a line. Perhaps this is the fundamental transformation between the finite and infinite? Are circles and spheres always implicating or imputing the infinite?
That’s enough to ponder for awhile.
Yet, there are always more questions to ask.
- Is this ratio between a line and a sphere the simple tension that is the foundation for the unknown, the creative, the unique and the new?
- Does everything have to be overly complicated? Doesn’t everything start simply?
Pi may be the key to unlock the small-scale universe within the big Board-little universe
1. To get to the application of pi within the Planck Units, we’ll need to emerge from the so-called singularity of the Planck Units. Is the radian a key to understanding this process? Look at radius in the dynamic image above. It makes that first arc equal to its own length. It does it again and again and again and again and again (six radians) and then makes that last leap, 2 pi, to complete the circle. Is this a reasonable scenario? Why? Why not?
2. We need to run through dozens of scenarios, often, and slowly and carefully. What scenarios are perfect and obvious?
3. We are at the so-called singularity of the Planck Units. We are attempting to see how the foundations for the physical world are formed. If all things start simply, this must be the place to start. It doesn’t get more simple and more mysterious. Nothing is a mistake, everything comes from a perfection to a space-time moment, so what could possibly happen?
For further discussion:
1. Is the Small-scale Universe the basis for the homogeneity and isotropy of space and time?
2. Does everything in the universe share some part of the Small-Scale universe?
3. How is Planck Temperature calculated? Why? What is its inherent deep logic?
Note: All of human history has occurred in the last doubling. Yet, all doublings remain active and current and dynamic. Continuity trumps time. Symmetries trump space.
What does sleep have to do with anything?
If all time is current, within the moment, we particularize by the day and uniquely within a given waking day. Sleep seems to bring us into the infinite. Dreams seem to be the helter-skelter bridge between the finite and infinite. It seems that these naïve thoughts are worth exploring further.
Our collection of articles about pi…