CENTER FOR PERFECTION STUDIES: CONTINUITY•SYMMETRY•HARMONY • USA • GOALS • AUGUST 2018
HOMEPAGES: JUST PRIOR|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11 |12|13|14|PI|16|17|18|19|20|ORIGINAL
72 OF 202: GRID OF EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE FOR ALL TIME – NOT A THEORY OR VISION – JUST MATH.
We All Need To Become Problem Solvers
by Bruce Camber
RELATED HOMEPAGES: “THE ESSENTIAL UNIVERSE” The Seven-STAN Nations Max Planck – No elitism
We all have problems. Many seem insurmountable. Some problems are shared by every person on this planet and they run very deep. Doesn’t it follow, “We all need to become problem solvers!” Question everything. Look for a deeper logic. Re-learn the basics. Don’t stop until we have something compelling.
That has been the driving energy of this website. If you bump into something that is logical yet you do not fully grasp it, what do you do? I seek out experts to ask them questions. I started doing it as a twelve-year old kid. Back then I was limited to one-question-per-month that would go to the Encyclopaedia Britannica and I would receive a personal report from their wizards. That was in 1959.
I did it again in 1979 when I organized a display project under the MIT dome off Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge. With the help of the savants of the area, I had scoured the world to find the some of the most insightful people within the major disciplines, “What is life? What are your first principles? …within your study?”
In 2011 another opportunity opened up. In a high school geometry class we went inside a five-inch tetrahedron to find four half-sized tetrahedrons, one in each corner, and an octahedron in the middle (by dividing the edges in half and connecting the new vertices). We went inside the octahedron and found the six half-sized octahedrons, one in each corner and eight tetrahedrons, one in each face, but we didn’t stop there.
Thinking about Zeno’s paradox, we divided over and over again. In 45 steps we were in the range of particle physics. Within 67 more steps, going deeper and deeper inside, we were in the range of the Planck base units; we had hit the wall. Then, starting again with our desktop unit, we multiplied by two and found there were only 90 jumps (or doublings) to go out to the age and size of the universe and the current expansion.
We couldn’t believe it. We had numbers-and-shapes for a mathematical and geometrical model of the universe, all ordered in 202.34 steps or doublings, all notations using the simple logic of base-2 math (exponentiation).
“Here’s an interesting model. Is it meaningful?” We asked everybody we could find. Scholars of the highest order, nobody said, “That’s wrong.” They all just looked quite puzzle and several asked, “Why haven’t we seen this before?”
Our model is strange. It requires stretching in new ways. It disrupts Newton’s absolute space and time. It disrupts big bang theories. It disrupts religions of every kind and lifts up a new mathematics of infinity. Where else can you find something so simple that is so disruptive? Where do you find a theory that is based on the basics of mathematics and logic and physics and on pi, Euler’s equations, and dimensionless constants, and on prime numbers and a firmer definition of light, space and time?
You can’t get more disruptive. So, we need problem solvers to attack this model from every angle. If it is wrong, there is a new wrinkle within mathematics and logic that will need to be explored. The Planck numbers will have to be readdressed. If it is not wrong, then it is a new path, a new chance to see things in new ways.
Yes, maybe we all really can become problem solvers.
Related pages: (1) Critical reviews (2) Publishers (3) Essential Universe (4) Calculations
Editor’s Notes about Navigation and Other Points of Interest:
- Navigation: Scroll to the top of the page. Cursor over the word HOME and a very long drop down menu will be displayed. It can be scrolled. There is a link to every homepage within this site from its beginning in September 2016.
- Homepage. Click on Our Universe in 202+ Doublings to go to the current homepage.
- That second header contains links to the past 25 homepages. “Just Prior” always goes to the most recent, then each number is active to the next prior homepage. The image goes to the horizontally-scrolled chart as does its tagline.
- Values and ethics: Universals and constants give rise to a sense of value that gives rise to values and ethics. The antithesis is nihilism which opens dystopia.
The current struggle: Who will lead us? Who can break the impasse?
Might the seven First Ladies of oldest trade routes of our world break the impasse?
More key evocative questions:
Back in my very early days at Synectics Education Systems (1971- 1973), in the days of metaphors and analogies, one of the most important activities was to engage key evocative questions. Here are a examples of those kinds of questions explored within this site:
- What are the fundamental units without which we would not have our universe?
- Does each progression represent a “longest possible” continuum?
- Are any big bang theories necessary in light of a natural inflation? …
- Is our intellectual depth being constricted by our two Standard Models?
- Shall we revisit our structure for scientific revolutions?
- Can these concepts be tested using rather simple formulas?
- Does measurement qua measurement actually begin with pure math and logic?
- Is “infinitely-hot, infinitely-dense, infinitely-small” the wrong place to start?
- What is the deep nature of growth?
- Are our imaginations working overtime?
- What is an inertial frame of reference in light of 202 notations?
- Are some concepts first principles”?
- Can Turok, Arkani-Hamed or Tegmark open a new frame of reference?
- What is pi that we are mindful of it?
- Ask the penultimate questions: What is finite? What is infinite?
- Are we asking enough “what if” questions?
- Who is on our team? To whom do we turn?
- What has been the driving vision?
- What is the fabric of the universe?
- Are there rules for our roads? What are they?
- Is the universe exponential? Is Euler’s identity spot on?
- Is this model built on something even faster than exascale computing?
- Does the universe go on forever or just as far as the current expansion?
- Is there a better way to keep track of all these writings?
- Who among us is really and truly in a dialogue with the universe?
- Why? Then as a child, ask the question again, Why? And again, ask, “Why?”
- Have there been summaries of these ideas? What have we missed?
- Are the 202 doublings still a virtually unexplored area for research?
- The arrogance of language: How do we know what we know and don’t know?
- What are the most important qualities of infinity?
- Does the original homepage (January 2012) anticipate the future?
Join us. Challenge us. Help us. We need all the help we can get!
An excellent resource to translate any of our pages by its URL:
If you liked this page and website, please do not hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Linkedin.
Our visitors come from many countries (a snapshot on August 24, 2018)