• Pi Day, March 14, 2021
• Pi (π) Shapes Our Universe
• Let’s start at the very beginning until our universe is filled with spheres
• Sphere: Our most basic building block
• Pi Day 2019 Homepage
• Pi Day 2018 Homepage
• Pi Overview
• Pi working page
Pi equals 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510…
A full circle corresponds to an angle of 2π radians.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510… plus in November 2017
- Peter Trueb, after 105 days of non-stop calculations emerged with 22,459,157,718,361 fully verified digits of pi. That is over 22 trillion digits!
- Emma Haruka Iwao ran her computers from September 22, 2018 to January 21, 2019 to emerge with 31.415 trillion units.
- Newton calculated 17 and 17 digits is enough for most applications.
More facts (not guesses):
- Pi ( π ) is the exact ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
- Pi is a constant.
- Pi is an irrational number.
- Pi is a transcendental number.
- Pi is a non-repeating number – no pattern has been identified using computer analysis within over twelve trillion places.
- Pi is a never-ending number.
- Pi within any equation makes the result irrational, never ending and never repeating.
- Pi is a dimensionless constant. It is a mathematical constant.
We also believe…
- Pi is the simplest, most commonly-used dimensionless constant.
- Pi is the bridge between the finite and the infinite.
- The sphere is the first manifestation of spacetime defined by primordial spheres. The Planck Length and Planck Time are approximations of the smallest units of both.
This page was started in 2012.
Thank you, Wikipedia…
for the graphics (above) that demonstrate the simple definition.
So, what do you make of it? What is going on? Our continued discussion…