A full circle corresponds to an angle of 2π radians.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510… plus as of November 2017 when Peter Trueb’s computer finally, after 105 days, calculated 22,459,157,718,361 fully verified digits of pi. That is over 22 trillion digits!
- Pi ( π ) is the exact ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
- Pi is a constant.
- Pi is an irrational number.
- Pi is a transcendental number.
- Pi is a non-repeating number – no pattern has been identified using computer analysis within over twelve trillion places.
- Pi is a never-ending number.
- Pi within any equation makes the result irrational, never ending and never repeating.
- Pi is a dimensionless constant. It is a mathematical constant.
We also believe…
- Pi is the simplest, most commonly-used dimensionless constant.
- Pi is the bridge between the finite and the infinite.
- The sphere is the first manifestation of spacetime defined as the Planck Length and Planck Time.
Thank you, Wikipedia…
for the graphics (above) that demonstrate the simple definition.
So, what do you make of it? What is going on? Our continued discussion…