CENTER FOR PERFECTION STUDIES: CONTINUITY•SYMMETRY•HARMONY • USA • GOALS • Thursday, 20 SEPTEMBER 2018
HOMEPAGES: JUST PRIOR|2|3|4| 5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|PI|21|22|ORIGINAL
Alfonso Cuarón’s 2013 film (starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney) does not ask, “What is gravity?”
“Gravity, Oh Gravity… Why Such Gravity?”
BY BRUCE CAMBER First DRAFT. Related Work: ANALYSIS, Commonsense, CONCEPTS, Continuum, Efficacy, Emergence, Growth …
“I don’t know much about gravity.” It just seemed like a logical thing and that Sir Isaac Newton had captured its essence within his 1687 book informally called the Principia. Yet, among the professionals, gravity has always been a bit of a problem in the grand design and scheme of things. Even with Newton’s equations, it didn’t seem to have any necessary relation to everything else.
Then came quantum gravity and it became the next big thing. Now everybody is getting into the gravity game. I believe it will become the new radical chic.† Soon everybody will be talking about gravity waves and the speculations of our very best scholars, people like Carlo Rovelli and Claus Kiefer.
Yet, I think it all can be pushed even further.
A different perspective. As you would anticipate if you have previously visited this site, we would ask that the Quiet Expansion be part of the gravity equation. Using base-2 to expand the four Planck units (Length, Time, Mass and Charge), the universe is outlined within just over 202 notations or doublings. With the first doubling of those Planck base units, and then with each subsequent doubling, over and over and over again, we eventually come to the current age and size of the universe within her current expansion right now. Quantum Gravity would be defined from the 64th notation through to about the 80th notation. Hypostatic Gravity would be defined by the 1st notation to the 67th notation. The first 64 notations (doublings) are just below the thresholds of our current abilities to measure. Here, I believe, are the missing keys to integrate gravity within both Standard Models, but without a big bang and with Newton’s work from 1687. Yes, that formula (just above), well over 400 years old, should work just fine.
Of course, there’s no question, Newton was a genius about some things. He did not have Max Planck’s genius and the Planck base units. Even today, those first 64 notations, are not even considered by scientists and mathematicians. “Too small,” say the physicists who are particle-centric and do not always trust mathematics. “Irrelevant!”
Our key question: How do those first 64 notations make up part of the definition of gravity, or perhaps better, “How-where-when-and why-does gravity enter into the definitions of the first 64 notations?” Prior to these base-2 charts, these notations were inaccessible. They had been overlooked, yet the first 64 could well be a new set of keys to unlock even more mysteries of this universe.
Within this model, all 202+ notations are part of the dynamics of any given moment, especially at the edge of the expansion-right-now.
It bears repeating. Those 64 of the 202+ notations are at the current expansion of the universe, at the right now; yet in some special conceptual way, these notations are also the initial start of the entire universe, right now. Perhaps only Neil Turok, director of the Perimeter Institute in Ontario, understands that comment. Most of us do not; I struggled with it and I wrote it!
To grasp such an enigmatic statement will require some new thinking. To that end, I think we all need to be studying those Planck base units and how the doublings define each notation.
Back in August 2017, our first analysis of some of the numbers within our chart was titled, Measuring an Expanding Universe Using Planck Units. The focus was on seven notations: 0, 31, 67, 101, 137, 167, and 199; all but 0 are prime numbers. The postulation was that there is an expansion of the mathematics from the most simple to the most complex and every prime represented a unique formulation that added a new dimension of complexity to our universe.
We’ll also try to find experts and scholars to help us with each notation. We’ll specially struggle with Notations 0 & 67 to go more more deeply than we did just over a year ago.
Notation 64 was selected because it is clearly not within the reach of today’s instruments to measure the multiples of Planck Length and Planck Time. The first measurements of a length clearly begin at the 67th notation or doubling. By the 134th doubling, the measurements of length and time are well within our conceptual and perceptual understanding. Yet, the first second of processing within this universe will not begin until up between the 143 and 144th notations. By the 197th notation at about 343 million years, the first galactic structures are emerging. And, by the 202 notation we are into a 10+ billion-year notation. Given all notations added together is one Planck Time shy of that first 10 billion years, we are just 3.7 to 3.8 billion years into notation 202.
We have a long way to go (in more ways than we imagine).
Hypostatic math-and-science. “Substance, essence, underlying reality, that which stands under,” the word, hypostatic, has also been used by religions to connote an essence, so I believe we are in the right place at the right time, trying to figure out how things come to be. To share the meaning of a word with a rich religious tradition to capture an essence seems to suggest that the word has some guts. To get inside those analogies and metaphors, we’ll eventually study each of the 202 notations until the entire chart of 202 notations has had critical review by the best living scholars today.
Presuppositions. Planck Length and Planck Time are the smallest possible units of space and time. Both are derived using dimensional analysis of the most fundamental universal constants: the speed of light, the Newton gravitational constant and the Planck constant. The speed of light at each notation (line 10) computes to be within 1% of the experimental measurement of the speed of life. It raises fascinating questions about the integration of space, time and light. The three together provide the foundation, the primary ordering-and-continuity equation, that binds our universe as an intimate place of just 202 notations. Mass and charge provide the foundation for dynamics with its emergent geometries and mathematics.
We’ll also except as established science that the Planck Charge and Planck Mass are not the smallest possible measurements.
Review: Our very first analysis of six groups and this analysis need to be developed further. To that end, we will engage the best possible scholars within each related field to examine a data set that defines a notation (or multiple related notations).
Summary: Within this range of charge and mass between notations 0 and 64, we have the makings of deep gravity, deep energy, deep matter, and deep light. I think, if these figures bear out, the scholarly folks can truly finished up on their long-sought-for Theory of Everything.
† Radical Chic. Although defined by Leonard Bernstein’s fundraising party for the Black Panthers Defense Fund in 1970 and enshrined by Tom Wolfe’s essay about it, radical chic today is more about fashion than politics. Though the Bernstein’s party was ultimately perceived as a patronizing event, there is nothing patronizing about attempting to understand who-what-why we are. The new Radical Chic will be a radical integration of cosmology, physics, mathematics, logic, linguistics, philosophy, theology, and every other discipline that studies the first principles of life. What will be “chic” is breaking out of the 1687 Newton absolute space-and-time (perhaps the penultimate way to patronize oneself), including the more recent definitions of big bang cosmology by Stephen Hawking.
More to come. Last update on Thursday, September 20, 2018
Editor’s Notes about Navigation and Other Points of Interest:
- Navigation: Scroll to the top of the page. Cursor over the word HOME and a very long drop down menu will be displayed. It can be scrolled. There is a link to every homepage within this site from its beginning in September 2016.
- Homepage. Click on Our Universe in 202+ Doublings to go to the current homepage.
- That second header contains links to the past 25 homepages. “Just Prior” always goes to the most recent, then each number is active to the next prior homepage. The image goes to the horizontally-scrolled chart as does its tagline.
- Values and ethics: Universals and constants give rise to a sense of value that gives rise to values and ethics. The antithesis is nihilism which opens dystopia.
More key evocative questions:
Back in my very early days at Synectics Education Systems (1971- ), in the days of metaphors and analogies, one of the most important activities was trying to engage key evocative questions. Here are a few of those questions explored within this site:
- What are the fundamental units without which we would not have our universe?
- Does each progression represent a “longest possible” continuum?
- Are any big bang theories necessary in light of a natural inflation?
- Is our intellectual depth being constricted by our two Standard Models?
- Shall we revisit our structure for scientific revolutions?
- Can these concepts be tested using rather simple formulas?
- Does measurement qua measurement actually begin with pure math and logic?
- Is “infinitely-hot, infinitely-dense, infinitely-small” the wrong place to start?
- What is the deep nature of growth?
- Are our imaginations working overtime?
- What is an inertial frame of reference in light of 202 notations?
- Are some concepts first principles”?
- Can Turok, Arkani-Hamed or Tegmark open a new frame of reference?
- What is pi that we are mindful of it?
- Ask the penultimate questions: What is finite? What is infinite?
- Are we asking enough “what if” questions?
- Who is on our team? To whom do we turn?
- What has been the driving vision?
- What is the fabric of the universe?
- Are there rules for our roads? What are they?
- Is the universe exponential? Is Euler’s identity spot on?
- Is this model built on something even faster than exascale computing?
- Does the universe go on forever or just as far as the current expansion?
- Is there a better way to keep track of all these writings?
- Who among us is really and truly in a dialogue with the universe?
- Why? Then as a child, ask the question again, Why? And again, ask, “Why?”
- Have there been summaries of these ideas? What have we missed?
- Are the 202 doublings still a virtually unexplored area for research?
- The arrogance of language: How do we know what we know and don’t know?
- What are the most important qualities of infinity?
- Does the original homepage (January 2012) anticipate the future?
An excellent resource to translate any of our pages by its URL: