Dan Falk is the author of In Search of Time and a distinguished science writer from Toronto. His article, A Debate Over the Physics of Time, was first published in Quanta Magazine, July 19, 2016 and Atlantic Monthly, July 26, 2016 (just a week later).
Although most of the article is a focus on the June 2016 conference at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Ontario, there are many important concepts and references in this article that need to be part of one’s understanding of the the struggle to understand time.
All of these concepts will be studied in light of our simple model using simple concepts and simple math.
- Block universe, Jenann Ismael
- Special low-entropy state, the past hypothesis
- Dark Matter: See his article from 25 August 2016
- Gravitational Arrow of Time (PDF)
Barbour, Koslowski, and Mercati
- Eternal inflation, Sean Carroll and Jennifer Chen
- Evolving block universe, George Ellis
- The past hypothesis
- Causal set theory, Dowker, Sorkin