Questions. Can we discern another plausible start of the universe? Who among those currently exploring the domain from the Planck scale to particle-wave duality might be open to earnestly engage the Planck base units? Is it a symbolic place to start? Could these units describe the start of the universe? Could an infinitesimal, primordial sphere be the first manifestation of space-time? Does base-2 notation best encapsulate the simple stacking of equal spheres? Is cubic-close packing of equal sphere the initial dynamic?
To date we have turned to many scholars yet now have a small coterie of international people, Xijia Wang of China, Stephon Alexander of Providence (Rhode Island, Brown University), Espen Garner Haug of Norway, Tim Palmer of Oxford. People like Natalia Berloff of Cambridge (and Moscow) could be involved. But now the focus turns to scholars in the USA. Among them are:
- The Monika Schleier-Smith lab at Stanford where they explore entanglement through the formulation of correlations in quantum systems that dictate the phases of matter found in nature.
- Isabel Garcia-Garcia at Santa Barbara’s Kavli (naturally includes the work of David Gross and the Solvay lectures).
- Edward Frenkel, Berkeley, and Robert Langlands and Ed Witten of IAS.
- Communicators: Plus, there are groups like Simons Foundation with Quanta Magazine and their Qubit collaborations. When there is consensus among the scholars that the 202 base-2 notations are meaningful and that the first 64 notations could be the foundations for all things within space-time, there will be a thrust to communicate it to the world’s people. Another large group is the ISO network. In the USA NIST leads the charge. Footnote: Phil Davis was a lead mathematician within NIST and one of our early advisors.
There are many others whose work may scale with ours. These include:
- The leading proponent of constructor theory, Chiara Marletto of the University of Oxford, where she asks, “Can the second law be tightened up into more than just a statement of likelihoods?”
- Very-small scale research by a diversity of groups around the world which include the old guard, The Langlands programs, string and M-theory, and SUSY. There are so many others. People like Paola Zizzi (Italy) are continuing the qubit work of John Wheeler. Anabel Quan-Haase (Canada) brings hyperconnectivity to a new level. Frédérique Godin with her U7 Alliance and Mila Quebec are opening up the AI ecosystems.
Potential practical applications within the domain of quantum computing with leading theorists within the following research groups:
- Hidefumi Hiraishi, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
- Jeannette (Jamie) M. Garcia, IBM Quantum Computing & Network (e) (c)
- Valerii M. Vinokur et al, Arrow of time and its reversal on the IBM quantum computer (ETH-PDF), Nature, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3929/ethz-b-000332774
- Currently researching work at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Thomas Lord Foundation, Competence Center Energy and Mobility, Swiss Electrics.
Classics as assets within these studies:
- James B. Hartle, University of California, Santa Barbara, Quantum Physics at the Planck Scale, ArXiv, 1995
- Those currently following the work of John Wheeler, Physics at the Planck Length, International Journal of Modern Physics A, Vol. 08, No. 23, pp. 4013-4018 (1993)
- Those currently following the work of Joseph Polchinski, Quantum Gravity at the Planck Length, ArXiv 1998
This project unwittingly started in December 2011 within a high-school geometry class. The first base-2 chart from the start of the universe to this very day was quickly adopted as a STEM tool. Because that tool appeared to be an alternative to the infinitely-hot big bang theory, we pulled its study back from students until we were more sure that we were not missing some simple logic and that we were not misleading the students. Once there is some concurrence among our leading scholars that this model should be studied for its possibilities, STEM exercises can be readily developed and disseminated. Also, virtual reality tools can be developed to piggyback off of Google Earth so at any point when people arrow down it becomes possible to go smaller and if they arrow up, to go larger out into the universe.
As valuable as the heuristic tools may be, the radical shift will be to see the entire universe as a relational whole. All notations will become active. All time will become the Now and our sleep will be functionally and necessarily enmeshed within this model. A science, mathematics, and geometry of the gaps will formally open and begin to impact our understanding of sciences, ourselves, and our behavior. There will be a clear alternative to our solipsism and limited worldviews. Continuity, symmetry and harmony, as a functional description of infinity, will begin to open up possibilities of studying perfected states within space-time.