Publications: What Mathematical Truth Could Not Be in Benacerraf and His Critics, A. Morton
_____________ and S. P. Stich, eds., Blackwell’s, Oxford, 1996, pp 9-59
_____________ Philosophy of Mathematics, with Hilary Putnam, CUP l983
References within this website:
• https://81018.com/hilbert-infinity/ Password: Infinite:
• Consider PBS Crisis in the Foundation of Mathematics | Infinite Series, Oct 19, 2017
First email: Wed, Jul 22, 2020 @ 3:27 PM
Dear Prof. Dr. Paul Benacerraf,
I often start letters to people with your background, “Now, I am so old I remember many lectures with Quine and Putnam, even a spirited dinner with them at Quine’s Beacon Hill home.” …but you have me beat by 16 years.
I apologize for my rather stupid questions for someone of your history and caliber:
1. Is your commonsense view of space and time ostensibly Newton’s absolute space and time?
2. If not, how do you characterize your understanding of space and time?
3. Wasn’t David Hilbert’s commonsense view of space and time ostensibly Newton’s absolute space and time?