Anna Ijjas, Paul J. Steinhardt and Abraham Loeb started a Cosmic Controversy over the very nature of inflation.
Regarding that article’s contents:
- One is pushed to ask, “How can so many smart people miss the obvious?”
- Our understanding of the big bang is wrong. Ask Neil Turok.
- Our various understandings of space and time are wrong. Ask Arkani-Hamed.
- Our understanding of infinity is wrong. Ask Max Tegmark.
- These three are right to be critical but they have no radically new insight.
- The obvious is a natural inflation; and within it, the obvious is base-2.
- The group of dissenters are all tied up in knots.
- The original authors are at least trying to break free. but, the big bang also has the universe in knots.
- Of course, at some time near the beginning there were sounds, but perhaps it was more like Kepler’s Harmonice Mundi ! In that light, this page will eventually be linked to an article about harmony.
- Maybe it all started simply and expands naturally using base-2 notation or simple doublings from the Planck units to the Age of the Universe.
Bruce E. Camber