Quote: “We really think that dark matter is a reality, and that dark energy is a reality.”
from The 4 Percent Universe (page 179 of 270, reference 23 of 36) by Richard Panek, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Boston, 2011
First email: Sunday, 5 April 2020 at 11:12 AM
Dear Prof. Dr. Dean Edward (Rocky) Kolb:
I first found your 1998 work through an “Inflation” search —
inflation + CBR fluctuations + Hubble radius See result #4.
I wondered, “Who wrote this page and when?”
By clicking on “Contents” I found you and your 1998 Fermi-work overview:
Then, of course, I explored your more recent pages:
What a progression from the University of New Orleans!
Congratulations. Entirely remarkable and spirited career.
We lived in NOLA for eight years.
Most recently I have quickly paged through your presentation
on dark matter from 2010:
My questions for you:
1. Do you believe in an infinitely hot big bang?
2. Did Lemaitre initially postulate a cold start of the universe?
3. Do you think the Planck units are real?
4. Might Planck time be the real beginning of the universe?
PS: On your personal homepage you have Top Ten countdown questions: My answers
10. What came before the big bang? No big bang, quiet expansion
9. What is outside the Universe? Intellectual multiverses and other such intellectual definitions.
8. Where is the center of the Universe? See homogeneity and isotropy
7. Is there intelligent life elsewhere? In every notation and it is us
6. Is there intelligent life here? spotty
5. Is there a parallel Universe? intellectual
4. Is there a perpendicular Universe? strictly intellectual
3. Can you parallel park in a perpendicular Universe? Not intellectual
2. Will the Cubs win the series before the end of time? See 2016, game 7
1. Are we responsible for this on the final exam? Whatever the Rock decides.