By Bruce Camber, First draft: 1971-1972 Most recent update: July 9, 2022
First Principles: 1978 • TV: 1994 • Big Board-little universe: 2011 • Quiet Expansion: 2014 • Exponential Universe: 2017
Deep within the fabric of life there is an energy, an abiding thrust to make things better, more perfect. That is the cornerstone of business, but much more.
Simple logic tells us that there are three forms within functions that define an increasingly perfected state within an experience:
- The first form that defines our humanity is order and its most basic function, a simple perfection, creates continuity. *
- The second form is a relation and its function creates symmetry. *
- The third form is dynamics and its perfection, a complex function, is harmony. *
All scientific and religious assertions that seek to understand and define the universal, begin with the same first principle and evolve within their own understanding and language to the second and third. Yet, the starting point -continuity- necessarily tells us that everything is necessarily related.
This is also the basis of the value chain. The more perfect a moment or an experience is, OR the more perfected a thing or system is, the more valuable it becomes. And, in the deepest sense of the word, it also becomes an expression or manifestation of love.
Thus, we have the beginnings of business (and economics), ethics and morality.
Any assertion that counters life’s evolving perfections is not religion ( it’s a cult † ). It is also not business (it’s exploitation or a bad company); certainly it is not good government; and most often, it is not even good science.
There are scientific endeavors that observe, quantify and qualify that which is fundamentally based on discontinuities or chaos, but these studies require the inherent continuities of mathematics and constants-and-universals to grasp the nature of that discontinuity.
The antithesis of continuity, symmetry and harmony is discontinuity, asymmetry, and dissonance which become the basis to judge poor behavior, the most extreme being any type of violence, especially including murder. –BEC
* Continuity-symmetry-harmony are all terms used within mathematics, ontology, physics, chemistry, biology, geology, systems theory, epistemology, psychology, sociology, city planning, government systems, and cosmology. Of course, there are analogies and metaphors that connect them all. Based on that observation, in 1971 in public high schools in Lincoln and Melrose, Massachusetts, I worked with mathematics teachers to use metaphors from different disciplines to explain concepts in mathematics and geometry.
More related pages:
• Center for Perfection Studies: https://81018.com/center/
• The Start: https://81018.com/starts-8/
• Perfections of Pi: https://81018.com/perfection/#8f
• Research: “We can assume domains of perfection…”
Navigation: To get a quick overview of the site, start at the current homepage and click on this left arrow ( many are highlighted yellow). These links go back to the homepages since September 2016.