Please note: This page was introduced on June 28, 2019. It will be substantially re-worked and correspondence with Gell-Mann will be included.
Santa Fe Institute
Santa Fe, New Mexico
- 1969 Nobel Prize in Physics: Theory of elementary particles.
- California Institute of Technology Robert Andrews Millikan Professor of Theoretical Physics Emeritus
- Distinguished fellow and one of the co-founders of the Santa Fe Institute
- Professor of physics at the University of New Mexico
- Presidential Professor of Physics and Medicine at the University of Southern California.
- His PhD supervisor at MIT was Victor Weisskopf.
- Gell-Mann Matrices added to the development of the Standard Model of Particle Physics
Question: Can you help us compile some of the open questions about the fundamental behavior of the constituents of the universe?