In a prior article it was said, “4. An infinitesimal sphere: The first manifestation of physicality” There are many articles throughout the website about the nature of the sphere. Both Max Planck and Wheeler anticipated the smallest possible three-dimensional sphere. It makes building that unified theory of mathematics a bit easier. It gives substance to Causal Dynamical Triangulations (CDT), Regge calculus, fractal structure, 2-D spacetime, and the flavors of the simplex. It introduces stacking and doubling where each of the CDT expressions can be included at an appropriate doubling.
• Planckspheres, dimensionless constants, doublings…
• Planckspheres, quantum foam, and related ideas
• Perhaps John Wheeler’s “Quantum Foam” would better be understood as “Planck spheres.”
• Symmetry: Circles-to-Spheres-to-Triangles-to-Tetrahedrons-to-Octahedrons
• Circles and spheres
• Pi: 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028…
• Pi Day: 3.14
Pi is an intimate part of so many fundamental equations that define out universe.
It is as simple as it is mystifying. It’s everybody’s favorite. But perhaps most importantly, a sphere is enormously satisfying.