CENTER FOR PERFECTION STUDIES: CONTINUITY•SYMMETRY•HARMONY • USA • GOALS • SEPT. 2018
HOMEPAGES: JUST PRIOR|2|3| 4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|PI|20|21|ORIGINAL
72 OF 202: GRID OF EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE FOR ALL TIME – NOT A THEORY OR VISION – JUST MATH.
“There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. If I gave up science every time I made a mistake I wouldn’t have got very far at all. That’s the point. And it does highlight how science works, that science is about transparency, it’s about being prepared to throw away an idea or notion or theory in the light of new understanding or evidence or experimental result. It’s not like other ideologies or beliefs of religions where you will stick to your views no matter what, science is about going where the evidence comes from…” – Prof. Dr. Jameel Sadik Al-Khalili
Dear Prof. Dr. Jim,
Thank you for your writings and de facto encouragement. We are in a quandary. Key scholars, it seems, ignore our data set believing it to be meaningless. Perhaps you can tell us how and why this data is meaningless? If we take the Planck base units and multiply them by 2, and then the results by 2, over and over and over again, in about 202 notations the numbers begin to look like the age and size of the universe: https://81018.com/chart/
Isn’t mathematics consistent and logical?
When we started the project it was to address Zeno’s paradox and see how many steps within it would take to hit the Planck length wall. For high school, it was pretty heady stuff. A STEM tool! We got going in that direction because we were chasing the tetrahedrons and octahedrons, embedded and perfectly filling each other, further and further within: https://81018.com/tot/ is our original model. The background story is here: https://81018.com/home/
That was 2011. My earlier work at Boston University and MIT then kicked in and I was hooked. It was a model unlike anything I had ever studied — a mathematically-defined universe that went way smaller than I had ever been and considerably larger than I had ever conceived. The first 64 notations opened my eyes. It took six or seven years to begin to get comfortable with it all; it seems to require dropping Newton’s absolute space and time and Hawking’s extension of it. Yet, I have had so much respect for the Cambridge University scholars, I asked myself, “How could there ever be a limited Lucasian professor?”
Your thoughts would be treasured as I begin to write an article about gravity.
PS. The most-recent, related homepages:
1. Review an Alternative to Big Bang Cosmology: https://81018.com/critical_review/
2. Opening New Answers To Old Questions: https://81018.com/faq/
3. CommonSense, Not Common & Not a Sense: https://81018.com/commonsense/
4. We All Need To Become Problem Solvers: https://81018.com/problems/
5. How-to Find The Essential Universe: https://81018.com/functions/
6. Attitudes, beliefs, and conceptual frameworks: https://81018.com/attitudes/
7. Quiet, cool, and smooth: https://81018.com/option/
8. Democracy in an age of algorithms: https://81018.com/addendum/
9. Recipe: How-to Start To Make Our Universe: https://81018.com/emergence/
10. Concepts For A New Beginning: https://81018.com/measurements/
Editor’s Notes about Navigation and Other Points of Interest:
- Navigation: Scroll to the top of the page. Cursor over the word HOME and a very long drop down menu will be displayed. It can be scrolled. There is a link to every homepage within this site from its beginning in September 2016.
- Homepage. Click on Our Universe in 202+ Doublings to go to the current homepage.
- That second header contains links to the past 25 homepages. “Just Prior” always goes to the most recent, then each number is active to the next prior homepage. The image goes to the horizontally-scrolled chart as does its tagline.
- Values and ethics: Universals and constants give rise to a sense of value that gives rise to values and ethics. The antithesis is nihilism which opens dystopia.
The current struggle: Who will lead us? Who can break the impasse?
Might the seven First Ladies of oldest trade routes of our world break the impasse?
More key evocative questions:
Back in my very early days at Synectics Education Systems (1971-1979), in the days of metaphors and analogies, one of the most important activities was trying to engage key evocative questions. Here are a few of those questions explored within this site:
- What are the fundamental units without which we would not have our universe?
- Does each progression represent a “longest possible” continuum?
- Are any big bang theories necessary in light of a natural inflation?
- Is our intellectual depth being constricted by our two Standard Models?
- Shall we revisit our structure for scientific revolutions?
- Can these concepts be tested using rather simple formulas?
- Does measurement qua measurement actually begin with pure math and logic?
- Is “infinitely-hot, infinitely-dense, infinitely-small” the wrong place to start?
- What is the deep nature of growth?
- Are our imaginations working overtime?
- What is an inertial frame of reference in light of 202 notations?
- Are some concepts first principles”?
- Can Turok, Arkani-Hamed or Tegmark open a new frame of reference?
- What is pi that we are mindful of it?
- Ask the penultimate questions: What is finite? What is infinite?
- Are we asking enough “what if” questions?
- Who is on our team? To whom do we turn?
- What has been the driving vision?
- What is the fabric of the universe?
- Are there rules for our roads? What are they?
- Is the universe exponential? Is Euler’s identity spot on?
- Is this model built on something even faster than exascale computing?
- Does the universe go on forever or just as far as the current expansion?
- Is there a better way to keep track of all these writings?
- Who among us is really and truly in a dialogue with the universe?
- Why? Then as a child, ask the question again, Why? And again, ask, “Why?”
- Have there been summaries of these ideas? What have we missed?
- Are the 202 doublings still a virtually unexplored area for research?
- The arrogance of language: How do we know what we know and don’t know?
- What are the most important qualities of infinity?
- Does the original homepage (January 2012) anticipate the future?
Join us. Challenge us. Help us. We need all the help we can get!
An excellent resource to translate any of our pages by its URL:
If you liked this page and website, please do not hesitate to follow us on Twitter or Linkedin.
Our visitors come from many countries (a snapshot on August 24, 2018)