ArXiv: What Happens in a Measurement? http://arxiv.org/trackback/1603.06008
Books: The Quantum Theory of Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology. The First Three Minutes
Research: String Theory and Quantum Field Theory: From the Planck Scale to the Hubble Scale
Most recent email: 29 October 2018
Dear Prof. Dr. Steven Weinberg:
Our first conversation in your office in Lyman Labs (1979) was about The First Three Minutes.* Please observe that out of the 202 base-2 notations from Planck Time to the Age of the Universe, the 1/100th of a second is within the 138th notation and the third minute is within the 151st notation well after two-thirds of the total information. The first light year is within the 169th notation. The first million years is within the 189th notation. The first billion years is within the 198th notation. The 202nd represents about 10.98 billion years of which only about 2.9 billion years has already come to be.
I would be interested to hear your thoughts about this rather idiosyncratic chart! Thank you.
PS. These are the key points that have emerged from this chart. Obviously, it is all a quite stretch!
- The universe is encapsulated by 202 base-2 notations from the Planck units
to this moment and day and current size of the univertse, and by definition that includes everything, everywhere, for all time.
- A natural inflation is defined within the unfolding numbers of each doubling.
- Max Planck teaches us that light is equal to Planck Length divided by Planck Time.
- The universe appears to be exponential; Leonhard Euler’s mathematics apply.
- All notations are always active and deeply-and-profoundly interrelated.
The first 64-notations are below the thresholds of measurement.
- The geometries for imperfection might beget quantum physics-and- fluctuations.
- The four Planck base units manifest first within space-time as spheres.
- Emergence might begin with sphere stacking and the thrust within those base units.
- The never-ending, never-repeating generation of spheres could be a finite-infinite bridge. All the dimensionless constants that define the base units could be as well.
- Continuity/order, symmetry/relations, and harmony/dynamics might define infinity.
- These qualities of infinity seem to impart “an ethical bias” within the structure of universe.
- Basic concepts like dark energy and dark matter could possibly be addressed.
Even old concepts like a point can be revisited.
First email: 1 January 2015
RE: Planck’s Time & Length, The First Three Minutes, and Time in Powers of Ten
Dear Prof. Dr. Weinberg:
Unwittingly we have begun working with Planck Time. We started with the Planck Length on December 19, 2011.
Our high school geometry classes over here in New Orleans backed into a model of the universe using base-2 exponential notation. We multiplied the Planck Length and Planck Time by 2 until we got out to the Observable Universe and the Age of the Universe respectively. Here is a link within our work on a science fair project: https://81018.com/plancktime/
It took just 202+ notations or doublings and it all started because we went inside a tetrahedron, halving the edges, connecting those vertices to discover the four half-sized tetrahedrons in each corner and an octahedron in the middle. We did the same with the octahedron (finding the six half-sized octahedrons in the corners in eight tetrahedrons in each of the faces) and we didn’t stop until we were somewhere around the Planck Length.
The fascinating thing we discovered along the way is what we are calling “the really-real small-scale universe.” It has a geometry and a systemic order (numbers and symmetries). Nobody seems to know much about it although analyzed throughout human history and called the aether (ether), vinculum, plenum, matrix, grid, continuum, firmament and hypostases. If we divide this little mathematical-geometric universe into “thirds” as the small-human-large scale, the small-scale universe finally has some definition but now it only takes us up to size of the fermions and bosons.
What do you think? Just poppycock? Nonsense?
If it is nonsense, please, please tell us why and we can go back to normal and get on with our life. If not… Thank you.
First letter: 7 March 1979
The Quantum Theory of Fields, Vol. I and II by S. Weinberg, ArXiv, Review by Dharam V. Ahluwalia