Though this posting began as a cheeky New Year’s Eve Top Ten posting about Big Bang Cosmology, the ten points are slowly being developed until there are ten that seem to capture a greater truth.
Big Bang Cosmology is a false start; it intimidates creativity and corners imagination.
If the starting points are confused, open issues and questions tend to be confused as well. Creativity has no clear path. Analogies and metaphors get limited.
- Big Bang Cosmology is so ubiquitous, it screams in your face, “Don’t question me!”
- Big Bang Cosmology lifts up Planck Temperature and ignores the other Planck base units at the singularity. In so doing, it freezes out possibilities to explore.
- It has only one directional arrow: Planck Temperature to Absolute Zero. From the singularity, Big Bang Cosmology is based on one primary quality/quantity.
- Although Planck Mass is used to calculate the Planck Temperature, it has no necessary correlation to Planck Temperature after the first moment. Ostensibly the value of Planck Mass is not part of any calculation to determine Stephen Hawking’s “infinitely dense” singularity. If it is bound at the hip within the singularity, shouldn’t there be a necessary correspondence to mass throughout the universe?
- Planck Temperature locks out the two most defining qualities/quantities of life, Planck Time and Planck Length. With Planck Mass, these three are Max Planck’s original three that he formulated possibly as early as 1899 and first published as early as 1906 (Max Planck, The Theory of Heat Radiation, Dover, 1959 translated from 1906). On December 14, 1900, Max Planck presents his work that determined the Planck constant (at the German Physical Society. See 5:27 and 6:26).
- The all-important Planck Charge is also ignored.
- Then there are all the open questions!
An unexplored alternative: When Planck Time-Length-Charge-and-Mass are tracked together using base-2 notation, there are at least the four quantities (holding Planck Temperature aside for time being) within each of the first 67 notations to be examined and more deeply explored. Those 268 quadrants of data create a rich potential infrastructure that just may be what some have called a grid (Frank Wilczek), aether, matrix, plenun or vinculum (see the third paragraph). While individuating at what is called the CERN-scale, that grid may well continue throughout the total 200+ notations that takes us out to the current age of the universe, the Now. Totally predictive, by the first second (between notations 142 and 143), it becomes entirely apparent that the initial epochs of the Big Bang Cosmology are all captured without an initial bang.
Because Big Bang Cosmology ignores the bedrock principles of continuity and symmetry, and thus homogeneity and isotropy, it has no ordering system.
The Planck temperature is defined as:
- mP is the Planck mass,
- c is speed of light in a vacuum,
- is the reduced Planck constant defined as:
- k is the Boltzmann constant
- G is the gravitational constant.
Exploring this quote: “It requires a temperature of 1027 K for the average particle energy to be 1014 GeV.”